Friday, February 25, 2005

Blue sky

Between WNPR stories, they often play a short clip of music that is relevant to the preceeding news piece. For example, a few weeks ago, after an interview with Christo about the gates in Central Park, they played a bit of 'Mellow Yellow' (I'm just mad about Saffron....). Then one night this week they played the guitar introduction from 'Blue Sky' by the Allman Brothers. It brought me back years; I haven't listened to the brothers in ages.

These days, if you want a song, you can get it in minutes. So the other night I bought 'Eat a Peach' from the iTunes music store and listened to 'Blue Sky' this morning driving in. What a great guitar duel - two lead guitars spinning lovely riffs. It is really a wonderful song, inspiring, I might even add.

No comments: